Dr. Ben Cilento, M.D.
Board Certified Otolaryngologist and Board Certified Facial Plastics Surgeon
Dr. Cilento is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, Americas oldest medical specialty. He graduated at the top of his class with distinction in immunologic research from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. He was inducted into the national medical honor society “Alpha Omega Alpha”. He did his residency at the University of Washington in Seattle where he studied under world class mentors in rhinology, head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Cilento is one of the few physicians in the Houston area that specializes in the comprehensive treatment of sinus, nasal, and skull base disorders.
After completing a residency and fellowship, Dr. Cilento spent nearly a decade treating our military men and women and teaching residents in the US Navy’s ENT program. He was a professor at both the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) and the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS) in the department of ENT. During this time, he was in charge of surgical research for Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and focused on outcomes research and patient satisfaction and quality of life.
Being conscientious about treatment regimens is integral to a successful practice but without compassion a physician is simply a technician. Because of this, Dr. Cilento has always set the highest standards for both surgical skills and patient satisfaction in equal parts.
Dr. Cilento has been working and living in the Woodlands, Texas since 2010. In that time, he has developed a reputation as a leading specialist for the full spectrum of sinus, nasal, and skull base problems. He is just as comfortable performing balloon sinuplasty as he is performing complex revision sinus surgery.
His warmth in patient interaction combined with unparalleled diagnostic and surgical skill have made him a major player in North Houston Rhinology for both patients and physicians alike. His overarching philosophy is to combine compassion with conscientiousness. If you alleviate a patient’s symptoms but fail to connect with them on a personal level then you have missed an opportunity to ‘heal’ human illness.
Dr. Cilento has lectured on diverse topics in rhinology and facial plastic surgery over two dozen times in 10 different countries. He has 10 peer reviewed scientific publications, physician education publications and book chapters. He is an active member of the American Rhinologic Society and maintains the highest standards of care. He left a group practice in North Houston to pursue his own practice, Texas Sinus & Snoring. He dreamed of a specialized practice setting, in order to focus on more balanced state of the art patient care with a personal touch.
Dr. Cilento has been published extensively in nationally recognized journals and books.
Follow links to some of the more important and informative publications.
- Cilento, B.W. and Larson, D.A. Systematic functional assessment of nasal dyspnea: surgical outcomes and predictive ability. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011 Nov;145(5):845-50. Epub 2011 Aug 8.
- Cilento, B.W. and Russell, K.L Unmanned and manned evaluation of the Weatherford Zero-thrust Hydroblaster and the MK 21 Mod 1 on diver hearing. Technical report # 14-94; NAVSEA TA94-020. (Med Student)
- Cilento, B.W., Norton, S., Gates, G.A. The effects of aging on distortion products of otoacoustic emission (DPOAE) by gender and frequency. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003 Oct;129(4):382-9. (Resident)
- Cilento, B.W., Futran, N. Retroesophageal thyrothymic thyroid rests. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2005 May;114(5):416-8.
- Cilento, B.W., Izzard, M., Futran, N. The Visor flap approach to oral cavity cancers. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007 Sep;137(3):428-32.
- Cilento, B.W., Johnson, C.M. Jr. The Case for Open Forehead Procedures: A review of 1004 cases. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2009 Jan-Feb;11(1):13-7.
- Cilento BW, Larson DA. Predictive value of a methodical approach to nasal airway evaluation. Accepted by AAO-HNS June 2011.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY?
KIND WORDS FROM OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTS
"Dr. Cilento is by far the most talented surgeon and cares about his patients like his own family! His results are exceptional! I recommend him wholeheartedly! "
"Words are inadequate to express my gratitude to Dr. Cilento for my nose reconstruction. His skill is truly miraculous. I am so thankful surgery has restored my breathing, with a beautiful aesthetic result, that fits my face. Not to mention, he is such a likeable, down-to-earth, awesome person. I'm a perfectionist, and there's no one else I would have entrusted with my complex surgery."
"Dr. Ben Cilento is an extraordinary surgeon and overall healthcare provider. As a patient that had never had a surgery of any kind, his confidence, competence, and overall bedside manner put me at ease. Further, the results of the procedure were excellent, and his follow-up and genuine concern for post-op success were fantastic. I would highly recommend Dr. Cilento to anyone in need of an ENT."
"It took me 10 years to find a doctor I could trust for my nasal surgery. Exceptional doctor, exceptional staff. Answered all my questions, made me aware and comfortable in all that was done. I feel blessed that our paths crossed."