Dr. Shawn Allen | Texas Sinus & Snoring
We're excited to add Dr. Shawn Allen to our team at Texas Sinus & Snoring! Dr. Allen is an active member of the American Rhinologic Society (ARS). He has authored multiple scientific publications and book chapters, and continues to lecture for academic departments and at international Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery courses.
About Dr. Allen
Dr. Allen was born in Houston, Texas. When he was 6 years old, his family moved to Tennessee. There he developed an interest in science and medicine. He also spent his early years learning piano and enjoying the outdoors.
He met his wife in medical school at the University of Tennessee. He completed his medical education and residency in Tennessee. He did fellowship training in Rhinology (sinus and skull base surgery) at the University of Miami.
When his training was complete, Dr. Allen came back to his Texas roots. He moved his family to the Houston area to continue specializing in the care of sinus and nasal breathing disorders. He is both a Fellowship-certified sinus expert and a diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Allen is an active member of the American Rhinologic Society (ARS). He has authored multiple scientific publications and book chapters. He continues to lecture for academic departments and at international Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery courses.
Outside of work, Dr. Allen enjoys spending time with his wife and children, playing the piano, and staying active. He has strong family ties to Houston and surrounding areas in Texas. He calls The Woodlands home and has become an integral part of the local medical community.
Dr. Allen's Awards & Achievements
- Board Certified – American Board of Otolaryngology (2015 to present)
- Premier Rhinology Fellowship – University of Miami (Miami, FL) with director Roy Casiano, MD
- Otolaryngology Residency Training – University of Tennessee (Memphis, TN)
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (Memphis, TN)
- University of Tennessee – Undergraduate (Knoxville, TN)
- 8 Peer-reviewed publications, including three textbook chapters
- 19+ Lectures or presentations, including an annual lecture at the University of Miami International Sinus and Skull Base Surgery course
- More than 30 years experience enjoying piano and keyboard as a hobby
- Eagle Scout
WHAT DR. ALLEN'S PATIENTS HAVE TO SAY
KIND WORDS FROM OUR WONDERFUL PATIENTS
"Dr. Allen improved my life by ten-fold. Before my surgery with him, I could barely make it through the day due to sinus issues. After surgery, I can breathe better than ever. His compassion for patients truly shows in every visit. "
"Dr. Allen, I just wanted to say thank you for performing my surgery last June! I am going on 7 months of being healthy and that is the longest I can ever remember being well! Thank you again."